- THE MURDER
- VOICES ACROSS TEARS-Accidental stories and events...to share
- KILLER'S PROFILE
- DNA AT ARREST--FACTS, NOT MYTHS OPPONENTS USE WITHOUT FACTS
- HERE YOU'LL FIND..
- BRITNEY'S BRIDGE-CLEARINGHOUSE FOR COLD/UNSOLVED MURDER
- Brit Pics
- BRITTANY'S BREATH...
- EVENTS, ETC. IN HONOR OF BRITT
- WINTER SONG
- PLAYING CARDS--OBTAIN TIPS ON UNSOLVED/COLD CASE/MISSING
- MILES OF TEARS POKER RUN /ROAD RALLEY-1ST FAILED-LET'S TRY AGAIN
- NOTES FROM A FEW CARAVANS
- Contact Us
- MOTHER OF VICTIM'S CV-TRAUMA SPECIALIST
- HOW / WHY TRAUMATIC EVENTS AFFECT US
- THE PAGE ADDRESS brittanyphillipsmurder.net
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
IF YOU HAVE BEEN TOUCHED BY THE SANDY HOOK TRAGEDY
Soon after the Sandy Hook tragedy, many are discussing the unexpressed fear a parent, family member; the fear of the impact of experiencing such a senseless loss. Many express new motivation to take action, to do something that will make a difference; that will help these families, others, or even themselves.
YOU CAN DO. SOMETHING
In 2009 15,399 died from murder or negligent homicide, in 2010 14,748 people. 1 -2% of the victims through mass killings (3-4 or more victims). Survivors of all murder/homicide/ missing will walk their lives in a different manner from the 1st day of the loss, on. Others reaching out to help them carry the grief does make a difference. It warms my heart watching the outpouring of people across the world towards the Sandy Hook community.
Yet on my CARAVAN TO CATCH A KILLER tours, I meet thousands of people who lost a loved one to murder/abduction. 50 to 70% of the time, I am one of just a few people who have reached towards them. These people walk an often-solitary path with little community support. Many didn’t receive an out pouring care/concern because their murder had little news coverage. Many shed tears in silence.YOU CAN DO SOMETHING! In a group of 10 people, at least one will know a murder/abduction survivor. During these 2012 holidays touched by national grieving, send care and concern to the Sandy Hook community. Also, reach out to those in your community WHO LOST SOMEONE TO MURDER/ABDUCTION, WHO MAY WALK PATHS OF LOSS ALONE. LET THEM KNOW YOU CARE.